dinsdag 12 mei 2009

12 May 2009 - DE - 336627 - Essen

I think 12 May was a little UNESCO day because besides the beautiful UNESCO card from Poland, I received an UNESCO card from Germany . The card has travelled a distance of 141 kms in six days and shows us the Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex in Essen. In my bachelor programme, we have a very active study-associations which has plannend a trip to this complex but unfortunatley I couldn't join the trip because of my bachelor thesis.




What I really was surprised about was the lovely stamp with UNESCO on it!


"The Zollverein industrial complex in Land Nordrhein-Westfalen consists of the complete infrastructure of a historical coal-mining site, with some 20th-century buildings of outstanding architectural merit. It constitutes remarkable material evidence of the evolution and decline of an essential industry over the past 150 years."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten