woensdag 17 juni 2009

Slavic Countries RR - Special Group 31 - Moscow

Before I went on holidays, I received many cards and I didn't had time to update this blog so now I'm trying to update everything but the cards keep on coming :) This beautiful card comes from Russia . It was send by Anasty via the Slavic Countries RR. It shows the Trinity - St Sergius Monastry. I really like these orthodox monastry. It is a new addition for my UNESCO collection and the first I received UNESCO site from Russia till sofar :)



This is a fine example of a working Orthodox monastery, with military features that are typical of the 15th to the 18th century, the period during which it developed. The main church of the Lavra, the Cathedral of the Assumption (echoing the Kremlin Cathedral of the same name), contains the tomb of Boris Godunov. Among the treasures of the Lavra is the famous icon, The Trinity, by Andrei Rublev.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten