zondag 25 oktober 2009

10 October 2009 - NO - 26924 - Stavanger

One of my friends is addicted to Norway and had lived there for a while. I have visited her in April and it is such a beautiful country. Therefore, I was very happy when I found a Norwegian postcard in my mailbox from Postcrossing! It has travelled a distance of 765 in 4 days.

The card shows some postmarks but the Urnes Stavkirke as well and that is an UNESCO site. It is my first card from Norway and of course my first UNESCO site of Norway! And the funniest thing was that the one who send this to me, likes speedskating as well :)



The wooden church of Urnes (the stavkirke) stands in the natural setting of Sogn og Fjordane. It was built in the 12th and 13th centuries and is an outstanding example of traditional Scandinavian wooden architecture. It brings together traces of Celtic art, Viking traditions and Romanesque spatial structures.

1 opmerking:

  1. Here a reaction from the addicted friend (a) It's a beautiful card from a beautiful country! =) Those Stavkirker are really beautiful! I like wooden buildings! And nice it is an unesco site as well! And so funny/nice that the sender likes speedskating also! Heia Norge! :P

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen